Research states that children are more successful in school when parents are involved in their children’s education. Our goal is to continue to strengthen communication between school staff and parents to improve students’ academic achievement; build capacity for increased parental involvement; and provide opportunities for parents to become involved.
The Title I LEA-level parental involvement policy is developed jointly with Title I parents, agreed on by the Title I parents, and distributed to Title I parents. It describes how the LEA:
- involves parents in the joint development of the LEA plan and in the process of school review and improvement;
- provides coordination, technical assistance, and other support necessary for effective parental involvement at schools to improve student achievement and school performance;
- builds school and parent capacity for strong parental involvement;
- coordinates and integrates Title I, Part A parental involvement strategies with parental involvement strategies of other programs;
- conducts, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the parental involvement policy;
- involves parents in activities of schools served by Title I.
The LEA conducts, with the involvement of Title I parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the Title I LEA-level parental involvement policy in improving the academic quality of Title I schools. This is achieved through the Annual Parent Planning Night which is usually held in October. If you have any questions or comments regarding the district Title I Policies or are interested in receiving more information on how to become involved please contact: Dian Martin, Coordinator of Educational Services at (951) 943-6369; ext 81113 or for Spanish contact Alice Kelley at (951) 943-6369 x81111.
PUHSD Parental Involvement Plan 2017
Title I Parental Involvement Board Policies – English
Title I Parental Involvement Board Policies – Spanish