How to get a Work Permit

To all CMI cadets in need of a work permit:

  • Ø  You receive the work permit after you have been hired. It is not required to apply for jobs.

  • Ø  Work Permits are required even during the summer months when school is not in session.

  • Ø  When an employer asks you to get a work permit present them with the Request for a Work Permit form.
    I will provide the form to you upon request.

  • Ø  Once you have this form completed with your information, your parents have signed and the new employer has completed their portion contact me to set an appointment.

  • Ø  You may email me a copy or scanned copy of the completed form. Once I have that completed form, the work permit will be processed.

  • Ø  I will not be able to meet with you at a moment’s notice.

  • Ø  If you are under the age of 16 I will consider whether I will issue a

    work permit on a case-by-case basis.

  • Ø  Remember: When working while in school you may NOT work during school hours, you are LIMITED to the number of hours you may work within a week’s time AND you are limited to the types of jobs and types of employers you can work for.

  • Ø  While working under a work permit, your attendance and grades will be monitored on a regular basis. If either drop below expectations then your work permit can be revoked.

    Mrs. Behrens,